About Me

I am a mother of two beautiful daughters. I currently work in the health care field and am a student studying my passion of the human psyche. (Psychology) I wish for all to be as healthy as possible; Mind, Body and Soul.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Friend, My Pet 1:3


A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.

                            - Josh Billings
Soul-

I chose to address pets under the topic of “soul.” The reason being is because I believe that pets have just as much love, soul, and heart as human beings, in some cases more. Every animal has their own unique personality. Pets will show love under any circumstance, no matter how badly they have been treated. They truly are man’s best friend.


It has been shown that people with pets live longer, healthier, happier lives than people without. Ways in which pets add meaning to our lives is by being funny. I’m sure all of you can remember at least one event with a pet that made you laugh. We all have some sort of funny pet story. In my own experience, my boxer “Chai” used to curl up in a little ball and look up at me with these sad puppy dog eyes every time I would try to scold him. The sight of this huge dog rolled into a tiny ball was enough to make me forget about why I was mad and start to laugh.



Pets distract us from our everyday worries and complaints. They are there for us when we are sick, depressed, angry, or upset. They continue to show love and support through it all and are always there to listen. This is why many nursing homes are allowing the senior citizens to visit with therapy dogs. It brings life and excitement back into the lives of the dying. Some believe pets have a sixth sense that allows them to know when one is ill and need special attention. There have been cases where a pet has actually saved the life of their owner by alerting them to impending danger. Check out this awesome story of one such case. In some cases they have died protecting their owner. Pets reduce stress in dealing with difficult situations.






I’m sure we can all look back to a happy childhood memory that involved a pet. For many they were our first true friendship. And I’m sure we can all remember the loss of a beloved pet and the pain that was just as traumatic as losing a family member. Pets bring us back to reality and remind us of the love we all have inside. I have seen many grumpy old men come to life upon seeing a dog wanting to befriend them. I believe pets were sent from God as true companions for our lonely souls. Some might call them Angels in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers