About Me

I am a mother of two beautiful daughters. I currently work in the health care field and am a student studying my passion of the human psyche. (Psychology) I wish for all to be as healthy as possible; Mind, Body and Soul.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Blessings of Music 2:3

SOUL-



Have you ever been driving in your car, listening to the radio, when all of a sudden, you hear a song that just moves you? It can transform your mood in seconds. I know personally I have been brought to tears, as a song reminds me of past experiences. On other occasions I have been uplifted and inspired to conquer fears, or attempt things I never thought I could. I've brainstormed and came up with my best ideas, amidst some good music, cruising down 95. There are songs that have made me want to jump up and move! Sometimes while driving, I notice I'm going over the speed limit and driving recklessly. I always thought how funny it'd be to explain to the policeman "the song made me do it."



Music can calm a child or put a smile on their face. It has even been shown to benefit in the womb and during infancy. Research shows babies who listened to classical music in the womb were calmer and more peaceful at birth, had better sleep cycles, and learned quicker as they grew. Classical music has also been shown to enhance cognitive function in children.



There are several benefits to listening to classical music. It has been shown to aid in increasing animal product (cows give more milk and hens produce more eggs.) It reduces crime, reduces stress and anxiety and soothes the human mind. It also helps in enhancing sales of stores. It relaxes the buyer and enhances the readiness to spend money. I know personally, I have had both negative and positive experiences in this department. I have entered places of business and been distracted and put-off by the music choice or the volume of it. On the other hand, whenever I go to Wegmans they are always playing an upbeat song, it puts me in a good mood and makes me want to come back. A task that is despised, becomes somewhat enjoyable.

I believe music is a means to touch and communicate through the soul. It unites people and evokes emotion. We as humans are naturally drawn to it. Here is a sample of music that I feel expresses some of these emotions.Turn it up!



This song takes me back to childhood. My Aunts used to always play it and it reminds of a time when things were so carefree and easy. Bonus: It always makes get up and dance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers